Food Allergy & Intolerance series of consultations will diagnoses food allergy or intolerance, teaches how to reduce & rotate foods, treats underlying causes & long term therapy retrains the immune system.
Placing you on a low reactive diet and oral food challenge and works to alleviate the symptoms of your allergy by improving digestion of food proteins and improving the metabolism of histamine.
Series of consultations as follows:
The initial consultation will prescribe a Low Reactive Diet; foods that are considered to be the lowest in reactivity, or the safest from a chemical load view.
The second consultation will assist you to conduct an Oral Food Challenge (OFC) The OFC is or feeding test conducted in which the suspect food is eaten slowly, in gradually increasing amounts, under professional healthcare supervision.
The third consultation will assist you in introduce other foods, with a focus on reducing and rotating the Top 8 as complete elimination only increases sensitivities. The other focus is in treating the underlying causes of food allergy Increased Intestinal Hyperpermeability, digestive enzyme insufficiency & bowel flora imbalance.
Food allergy is an immunological reaction involving the production of an antibody. Food allergy can be either Immediate (IgE mediated)
Delayed (non IgE mediated). Life threatening anaphylaxis to peanuts is an example.
Food intolerance is a pharmacological reaction to compounds in foods, similar to the side effects when taking medication. For example, a person who gets headaches from eating cheese, is experiencing a side effect to vasoactive compounds in cheese & has food intolerance.
The Food Allergy Food Allergy & Food Intolerance Test Plan;
- Diagnoses food allergy or food intolerance using the gold standard of food allergy tests, the Oligoantigenic Diet or Low Reactive Diet and Oral Food Challenge.
- Describes the Top 8 Food Allergens.
- Teaches you how to reduce & rotate suspect foods & find healthy alternatives to common problem foods.
- Treats the underlying causes of food allergy; Increased Intestinal Hyperpermeability or Leaky Gut Syndrome, digestive enzyme insufficiency & bowel flora imbalance.
- Long term therapy retrains the immune system so that it does not overreact to food proteins. (due to the Hygeine Hypothesis).
- Reinocculates bowel flora.