- Written by Jeremy
- Hits: 1318
3 Consultation Plan
Natural Medicine First Aid can reduce the use of antibiotics and medications and is suitable for those interested in herbal medicine, homeopathy and natural remedies to use at home and take on your travels.
Carina has 3 level 8 degrees in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and 7 children who have never had antibiotics. Having lived in the tropics and travelled extensively through South East Asia with the family, there is not a childhood disease she has not seen nor cannot treat using natural medicine. No one is more qualified to train you on how to raise your child naturally using evidence based and time tested natural medicine, from both east and west, traditional and modern.
Natural First Aid is a series of 3 consultations 2 weeks apart
The initial consultation will focused on Fever Management and how to stock your Natural Medicine First Aid Kit and may discuss naturopathic treatment of a particular symptom or condition you wish to treat.
The second consultation will focus on Natural Medicine First Aid A-K including herbal medicine, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplement approaches, herbal teas and poultices to prevent and treat the whole gamut of acute diseases from accidents and anxiety to vomiting bugs and worms. There is a strong a focus on treating acute viral, bacterial and fungal infections with vigour.
The third consultation will focus on Natural Medicine First Aid L-Z including herbal medicine, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplement approaches, herbal teas and poultices to prevent and treat the whole gamut of acute diseases from accidents and anxiety to vomiting bugs and worms. There is a strong a focus on treating acute viral, bacterial and fungal infections with vigour.
These consultations are tailored to the individual
Please contact us know if there is anything specific you wish to cover and it will be covered. For example you may be heading to the Solomon islands and have discovered there is an outbreak of Typhoid Fever and you want to know what you can do to avoid it.
Alternatively your child may have eczema and you want to know how to treat it naturally. This can also be included during your plan.
What will I learn?
- Fever management is at the crux of Natural Medicine First Aid. Don't get Fever Phobia. Learn how a good fever exercises your immune system and strengthens your Vital Force.
- Learn basic herbal & homeopathic medicines and nutritional supplements to treat everyday conditions from aches and sprains to travel sickness, with a focus on treating acute viral & bacterial infections to avoid antibiotics. Includes natural medicine approaches to treat tropical disease (if required
- Discover simple remedies from your kitchen and garden that can be used to make poultices and teas. Know the essentials for your Natural Medicine First Aid Kit to keep your children drug free.
- Everything that is discussed will be emailed to you. Essentially you will receive a personalised mini book on Natural Medicine First Aid.(The course can be attended by both parents if desired)
Natural Remedies Recommended
Homeopathic Prophylactic Kit for Children
First Aid Kit Large, Lung Tonic, Sinus Tonic, Immune Tonic
Remedies are available to purchase if desired at an additional cost.
- Written by Carina
- Hits: 1562
Ketogenic Diets stabilises blood sugar, reduces cravings, improves insulin sensitivity, treats metabolic syndrome & central obesity, assists fat metabolism, tonifies the thyroid gland to boost the Basal Metabolic Rate.
To achieve a state of ketosis By prescribing a Low GI carbohydrate restricted diet, forcing fat to be broken down to form ketones which are used instead of glucose as fuel for healthy body cells. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Benefits of a Keto Diet
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
- Induces rapid weight loss, in particular abdominal fat.
- Lowers blood sugar
- Improves energy
- Suppresses hunger
What to expect?
Your ketogenic diet and weight loss consultations
The first consultation will ascertain what you eat and make recommendations for a ketosis diet that suits you.
The second consultation will ensure firstly, that you have achieved a state of ketosis and secondly to address any issues you have surrounding the dietary recommendations.
The third consultation will assist you in moving from Phase 1 (short-term) into Phase 2 (long-term) of the diet. This occurs when you are near your goal weight. Phase 2 is the Keto Diet for Health and longevity, mimics fasting and is life extending.
Keto Diet for Weight Loss
This diet is a carbohydrate restrictive, high good fat, high healthy protein (including veg/vegan based protein) diet. Ketosis is a perfectly normal metabolic process. When we are unable to use carbohydrates as fuel for cells to burn for energy, fats are used instead. Ketones are produced as part of this process. In fact, ketones are the preferred source of fuel for our bodies. This diet is suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Benefits of a Ketogenic Diet
Lowers cholesterol: Lowers LDL & triglyceride levels and raises HDL (good cholesterol). (1)
Induce Rapid Weight Loss: Reduces body weight and body mass index. (1)
Lowers Blood Sugar: Studies show a ketosis diet can eliminate type 2 diabetes. (2, 3)
Enhances physical and cognitive performance: Ketone bodies are the most energy-efficient fuel and yield more ATP. (4)
Suppresses Appetite: High fats diets increase satiety. (5)
Starve Cancer Cells: Cancer cells need glucose for fuel. Only healthy cells can live on ketones. Studies indicate a ketosis diet is an adjunct therapeutic aid in cancer. (6, 7)
Treats neurodegenerative disease: Ketosis is neuroprotective and neuroregenerative (8) & therapeutic treatment in traumatic head injury, neurological disease (9) including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer's (10) & epilepsy, (11)
Extends Life: The benefits of Calorie restriction/Keto diet are scientific fact. A Ketosis diet simulates the Calorie Restrictive Diet (12) that scientists have touted for the main reason behind Okinawan longevity. Like CR, Ketosis also activates telomerase the anti-ageing enzyme. Calorie restriction increases telomerase activity and enhances autophagy (breakdown of dead cells). (13) CR improves how cells respond to stress, how they break down (autophagy), induces apoptosis (programmed cell death ie in cancer cells), and alters hormonal balance. Autophagy in particular, is quality control inside cells. It is essential for the maintenance of cellular homeostasis and for the orchestration of an efficient cellular response to stress. Autophagic activity declines with age, and this contributes to the ageing process. (14)
1. Dashti HM, Mathew TC, Hussein T, Asfar SK, Behbahani A, Khoursheed MA, et al. Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients. Experimental and clinical cardiology. 2004;9(3):200-5.
2. Westman EC, Tondt J, Maguire E, Yancy WS, Jr. Implementing a low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus. Expert review of endocrinology & metabolism. 2018;13(5):263-72.
3. Yancy WS, Jr., Foy M, Chalecki AM, Vernon MC, Westman EC. A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat type 2 diabetes. Nutrition & metabolism. 2005;2:34-.
4. Murray AJ, Knight NS, Cole MA, Cochlin LE, Carter E, Tchabanenko K, et al. Novel ketone diet enhances physical and cognitive performance. FASEB journal : official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. 2016;30(12):4021-32.
5. Gibson AA, Seimon RV, Lee CMY, Ayre J, Franklin J, Markovic TP, et al. Do ketogenic diets really suppress appetite? A systematic review and meta-analysis. 2015;16(1):64-76.
6. Klement RJ. Beneficial effects of ketogenic diets for cancer patients: a realist review with focus on evidence and confirmation. Medical oncology (Northwood, London, England). 2017;34(8):132.
7. Morscher RJ, Aminzadeh-Gohari S, Feichtinger RG, Mayr JA, Lang R, Neureiter D, et al. Inhibition of Neuroblastoma Tumor Growth by Ketogenic Diet and/or Calorie Restriction in a CD1-Nu Mouse Model. PLOS ONE. 2015;10(6):e0129802.
8. Shaafi S, Mahmoudi J, Pashapour A, Farhoudi M, Sadigh-Eteghad S, Akbari H. Ketogenic Diet Provides Neuroprotective Effects against Ischemic Stroke Neuronal Damages. Advanced pharmaceutical bulletin. 2014;4(Suppl 2):479-81.
9. Gano LB, Patel M, Rho JM. Ketogenic diets, mitochondria, and neurological diseases. Journal of lipid research. 2014;55(11):2211-28.
10. Włodarek D. Role of Ketogenic Diets in Neurodegenerative Diseases (Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease). . Nutrients. 2019;11(169).
11. Agarwal N, Arkilo D, Farooq O, Gillogly C, Kavak KS, Weinstock A. Ketogenic diet: Predictors of seizure control. SAGE open medicine. 2017;5:2050312117712887-.
12. Maalouf M, Rho JM, Mattson MP. The neuroprotective properties of calorie restriction, the ketogenic diet, and ketone bodies. Brain research reviews. 2009;59(2):293-315.
13. Wang B-H, Hou Q, Lu Y-Q, Jia M-M, Qiu T, Wang X-H, et al. Ketogenic diet attenuates neuronal injury via autophagy and mitochondrial pathways in pentylenetetrazol-kindled seizures. Brain Research. 2018;1678:106-15.
14. Veech RL, Bradshaw PC, Clarke K, Curtis W, Pawlosky R, King MT. Ketone bodies mimic the life span extending properties of caloric restriction. 2017;69(5):305-14.